Monday, December 17, 2012

Sadness

I finally cried this morning over the events in Newtown on Friday.

For some reason, I woke up this morning thinking about all the kids who can't sleep at night because of shotgun nightmares and the parents who don't want to wake up to a tiny little empty bed again. Oh God...

But it wasn't until Eden was about to go to bed that I broke. We always read a book or two before naptime, and this time she picked a book called "Bedtime Prayers", a sweet little book that explains verses to kids in a language that they can understand. I think it was this line:

The Lord, He is my hero;
He rescues me from harm.


From troubles big
and worries small,
From danger and alarm.

I can't handle it.

I've been staring off into space for the past ten minutes or so, because I can't even begin to know how to process this.

No comments:

Post a Comment